Understanding the root causes of acne formation will help you successfully manage it.
Four main factors that cause acne:
- Bacterial colonization
- Inflammation of the affected area
- Excess sebum
- Thickening of the skin that blocks your pores
EU-Patented ABA Technology
- ABA technology is unique to Papulex™
- Inhibits Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) bacteria from attaching to the cells found in the outer layer of the skin1
- Helps block the proliferation of P. acnes bacteria
1 Rougier N, Verdy C, Chesne C. The inhibitive capabilities of a bacterial anti-adhesion gel on the adhesion of Propionibacterium acnes on the corneocytes of subjects with acne. Nouv Dermatol. 2003;22:7-11.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce skin inflammation2
- Natural molecule derived from Vitamin B3
- Nicotinamide 4% is as effective as 1% clindamycin2
- Not associated with bacterial resistance2
2 Shalita AR, Smith JG, Parish LC et al. Topical Nicotinamide Compared with Clindamycin Gel in the Treatment of Inflammatory Acne Vulgaris. Int J Dermatology. 1995;34(6):434-437.
- Helps reduce excess oil
- Significantly decreases sebum production rate after 28 days3
3 Solabia Group, 2008.